At Red Antler, we launch and grow brands. We've done this for Prose, Hinge, and Jot to name a few. We believe that bringing curious, empathetic people together to work toward a shared purpose creates a brand experience that can change the world. We’re looking for a Business Development Lead to join our growing BD team. You'll work closely with leadership to explore how we think about new relationships with growth stage start-ups and publicly traded businesses. Externally, you'll connect with founders, marketers, and investors, and demonstrate knowledge and insight into the process of growing a business. Internally, you’ll work across all disciplines from brand, strategy, industrial design, advertising and content, and digital.
Who you are:
- You have 4-5 years of experience in partnerships, account or client management, business development within a startup or an agency. You also have a passion for high-growth businesses. You're an excellent communicator and excel at building strong partnerships with clients.
- You're a relationship builder. During the first conversation, you can establish a connection and a long-term client relationship with empathy and tact. You are able to look beyond our clients' business needs and establish a foundation of trust in a short period of time.
- You’re endlessly curious and enthusiastic about the overall startup ecosystem.
- You have a collaborative and independent spirit, with the entrepreneurial drive to run with client relationships or establish new partnerships. You have an entrepreneurial mindset and get excited by learning about new categories and developing the right partnership recommendation for each client.
- You can confidently communicate our company vision and philosophy to the larger community of founders, CMOs, and investors, and can build deep relationships with key leaders. You'll discerningly evaluate potential business opportunities and constantly identify new streams of growth for Red Antler.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll understand the Red Antler business model, how our work is made, develop an understanding of the types of projects that excite the team and what aligns best with our agency capabilities.
- You'll help manage inbound referrals to identify the best opportunities for Red Antler, helping to evaluate new leads and ensure that Red Antler partners with companies most aligned with our philosophy and business objectives.
- You can take a new business opportunity from first conversation to independently developing proposals and usher them through discussions, negotiation, and commitment.
- You are proficient at writing and articulating complex project details into clear scopes of work. You know how to navigate ambiguous working approaches and models into contract-ready language. You enjoy a deep level of detail, knowing that clarity and thoroughness helps to mitigate risk for Red Antler.
- You’ll help grow and evolve our service offering for growth stage and public businesses by understanding needs in the market and catering our offering accordingly.