At Red Antler, we launch brands. We’ve done this for Folx, Sheertex, and Prose to name a few. We believe that getting curious, empathetic people together working toward a shared purpose creates a brand experience that can change the world. As we grow, we are looking to add a Payroll and Benefits Manager to our team.
We are looking for someone with a creative and curious spirit. Someone who is passionate about making the employee experience at Red Antler the best it can be.
In order to be successful, that curious spirit must come with:
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to create useful and actionable reports from data. This role will truly have a meaningful impact on every employee’s experience here.
- 5 years of experience processing payroll and benefits for both salaried and hourly employees.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
The role can be bucketed into two core areas of skill:
- Implements, maintains and reviews all payroll data for salaried & hourly employees to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions (currently use Justworks PEO)
- Ensures accurate and timely updates for new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates in systems
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
- Own and create monthly payroll reports and assist with month-end close
- Responds to payroll inquiries from managers and employees
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures
- Be the guiding light when it comes to all things related to benefits. You will answer questions relating to all enrollments and plan changes and you will be responsible for evolving our benefits offerings to best suit our employees’ needs and wants. This encompasses group health/dental/vision insurance, flexible spending, life, accident and disability, absence/leave/FMLA programs, 401(k), creative stipends, education reimbursement, and health maintenance programs
- Report annually on 401(k) compliance matters and be the point of contact with our 401(k) platform provider (currently use Betterment for Business)
- Facilitates accurate and timely delivery of employer contributions and employee payroll deductions to appropriate service providers
- Process all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability, and FMLA
- Assists with new-hire onboarding (entering employee information to HRIS, employment eligibility verification, etc.)
- Assists with labor law compliance, employee payroll, time tracking, and benefits education
- Processing all employee records such as hires, exits, promotions, raises, bonuses, and benefit deductions in all reporting systems for accuracy and compliance
- Identifies and recommends updates to benefits software, systems, and procedures
What works here:
In a lot of ways, we embody the best things about a startup culture. We are self starters who know how to create something from nothing. Someone who is both independent and values collaboration will be successful here.