At Red Antler, we launch and grow brands. We did this for Casper when they were a 5 person team in 2013; we’re still doing it today for Prose, Jot, and the next brand you haven’t heard of yet. We believe that getting curious, empathetic people together to work toward a shared purpose creates a brand experience that can change the world.
We’re searching for a thoughtful and motivated Senior Engineer to join our growing Engineering practice. You’ll develop a deeper understanding of how brands are built from the ground up and work closely across disciplines to deliver cutting-edge digital experiences for clients.
Who you are:
- You have broad, full-stack knowledge of interactive and marketing technologies, including web development, CMS products, CRM, analytics, serverless architecture, CDNs, and more.
- You have experience with a variety of eCommerce platforms and eCommerce architecture patterns (e.g. monolithic vs. headless, open-source vs. vendor).
- You have the ability to work effectively with other disciplines and communicate complicated technical problems/solutions to team members that may not be familiar with engineering jargon. You are a creative problem solver who can communicate unique technology recommendations in a human way.
- You have the ability to plan, manage, and build projects from start to finish, flawlessly translating designs into code.
- You’re a creative problem solver who can brainstorm unique recommendations that fulfill our clients’ emerging business needs.
- You are entrepreneurial, curious, and vocal. Our engineering team is small but mighty with an openness to constantly evolve how we approach our work. All of our engineers have a direct influence in shaping our team’s growth no matter their level.
Nuts and bolts:
- You possess a deep understanding of web markup (HTML/CSS), UI/UX conventions, and emerging patterns and frameworks.
- You enjoy working in teams with a strong understanding of leveraging VCS (Git /GitFlow) and task management tools (JIRA, Kanban) to create visibility and collaboration.
- You’re a technical thinker but can express ideas in a creative way by illustrating them via prototypes or design tools.
- You’re passionate about design and a tech enthusiast- you’re excited about emerging technologies and enjoy exploring how they can be leveraged across projects.
What works here:
- In a lot of ways, we embody the best things about a startup culture. We are self-starters who know how to create something from nothing. Someone who is both independent and values collaboration will be successful here.