At Red Antler, we launch brands. We’ve done this for Casper, Allbirds, and Prose to name a few. We believe that getting curious, empathetic people together to work toward a shared purpose creates a brand experience that can change the world.
We are looking for an ambitious Motion Designer to join our Brand team and partner with best-in-class creative talent to develop motion design and animation for a broad range of clients. You’ll gain a deeper understanding of design systems and strengthen your content concepting skills to help evolve our animation offering.
Who you are:
- You’re a strategic thinker with a strong foundation in motion and animation principles. You’ll have a clear point of view and like delivering work that is disruptive and pushes boundaries.
- You are an exceptional motion designer/animator and are able to make compelling work across a variety of visual genres.
- You will play an important role in the development of brands, actively engaging with the Brand team as you explore the personality of brands through the creation of motion assets.
- You will collaborate across disciplines to develop motion design and animation elements for creative work ranging from content assets and campaign work to promotional content and internal projects.
- You will execute all motion assets and carry work from conceptual sketches and style frames to final deliverables.
- You have a clean aesthetic, and a sharp eye for layout, color, and typography.
- You are passionate about animation and always on the lookout for new tools, processes, and insights to apply to your work and share with the team.
- You’ll work with our Creative Directors on the Brand team to help facilitate a seamless process and identify opportunities to build on our success.
- You’re curious, independent and a problem solver and can jump across multiple projects and hit deadlines.
Nuts and bolts:
- You have 1-3 years of professional motion design experience plus strong technical ability in 2D animation. You’re an expert at crafting compelling motion work that spans a variety of platforms and touchpoints.
- You’re skilled at storytelling and have a knack for cultivating vibe and tone. You have an exceptional aesthetic and are always brave and innovative in your design approach.
- If you have 3D animation skills (or an interest in developing them), it’s a strong plus.
- Experience with other forms of animation (cel, stop motion, kinetic etc) also valuable.
- You should be extremely proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Illustrator and Photoshop).
What works here:
In a lot of ways, we embody the best things about a startup culture. We are self-starters who know how to create something from nothing. Someone who is both independent and values collaboration will be successful here.