At Red Antler, we build brands for startups that are changing how the world works. From Casper to Allbirds to Bowery, we choose to work with companies that we believe can make a profound impact in their space. We're looking for a Head of Technology to bring our engineering practice to new heights and provide our clients with technology strategies that make their businesses successful.
The Head of Technology will be responsible for defining Red Antler's go-to-market strategy for technical engagements, forging technology partnerships, scoping projects, and delivering work profitably. You will lead our engineering team while collaborating across different creative disciplines to pitch, plan, and deliver beautiful, best-in-class digital experiences.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in a creative/agency environment.
- Broad, full-stack knowledge of interactive and marketing technologies, including web development, CMS products, CRM, analytics, serverless architecture, CDNs, and more.
- Mobile app experience a plus.
- Experience with a variety of eCommerce platforms and eCommerce architecture patterns (e.g. monolithic vs. headless, open-source vs. vendor).
- Software vendor (CMS, eCommerce, search, etc) relationship building and management.
- Experience working with nearshore and offshore development firms as well as in-house teams.
- Demonstrated success in business development activities, such as creating budgets, designing technology solutions, writing proposals, creating pitch slides, and presenting to C-level executives.
- Ability to evaluate opportunities, large and small, for their potential long-term impact on Red Antler business.
- Demonstrated success building and managing engineering teams, establishing processes, ensuring quality, and providing career growth opportunities.
- Keen interest in emerging technologies and exploring how they can be leveraged in future projects.
- Ability to work effectively with team members in other disciplines and communicate complicated technical problems/solutions to team members that may not be familiar with engineering jargon.
- Ability to plan, manage and build projects from start to finish, flawlessly translating digital designs into code.
- Deep-level understanding of building digital experiences for mobile devices.
- Knowledge of best practices for security, accessibility, speed, and scalability.
What works here:
- Creative problem solvers who can communicate unique technology recommendations in a human way.
- Interest/experience working in a design-driven organization.
- In a lot of ways, we embody the best things about a startup culture. We are self-starters who know how to create something from nothing. Someone who is both independent and values collaboration will be successful here.